Friday, May 23, 2014

DIY - Doll Trunk/ Murphy Bed Combo + Desk

Little Sissy has no real space or room of her own. After my Doll Room was finished I had to make another area for both Sissy and Sam.

I love the Doll Trunk and Bed storage units from the Queens Treasures, however at $129.99 it's not within my budget.


I have an unused Springfield doll trunk that I converted into a Doll Trunk and Bed combo.


The top drawer holds socks, tights and hats; shoes are stored in the bottom.


Sissy's laying out her bedtime clothes.


 Now she can sleep tight in her cozy bed nook.


 Sissy's bedding : 
Soft Lilac baby blanket from the Dollar Tree and two custom pillows from my etsy shop.



Sissy's bed : foam board and custom sized mattress from my etsy shop.


And in the morning it all tucks away neatly. 




Then the bed becomes a desk.


Now Sissy has her own little space. Not only a Duo bed and closet, but an added desk feature to do art and homework.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rhonda! This is a great idea and may solve my problem with not having space to set up a room for my doll that I mentioned to you awhile back. Do you think the Journey Girls trunk will also work for this? I saw it on the Toys R Us website for $29.99 which is less than the Springfield trunk and it looks like it is available at a store near me, so I can drive over and pick it up. It looks to be the same set-up as the other trunk and I'm hoping I can do the same thing with it. Thanks! ~ Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria,
      If the JG trunk you're talking about is like the one from a previous post, I would say YES you can do this!! I'm excited for you. Good luck and have fun!!
      http://livingadollslife.blogspot.com/2013/09/gift-ideas-journey-girls.html

      Delete
    2. Hi Rhonda! Yes, that is the trunk! Thanks so much for checking and confirming back to me! I will let you know how it turns out! :-) ~ Maria

      Delete