Monday, July 15, 2013

How To Make - Felicity's Colonial Tea Treats

Another retired item of Felicity's that I love is her Colonial Tea Treat set.

 Since I do not have this set, I thought I would try to at least  recreate the "treats" part myself. If it worked for me then others could hopefully enjoy making one too.

Supplies:
  • 3 foam cups (8.5 fl oz)
  • 85 water/ soda bottle caps
  • Tan paint
  • White paint
  • Red ribbon
 

Instructions:
1. First cut all of your bottle caps in half - ADULT 
    SUPERVISION. 
2. Draw a line of hot glue above the rim of the first cup and 
    stack another on top of it. 
3. Do this twice - you should have 3 Styrofoam cups 
    secured  together creating a cone. 
4. Begin hot gluing your bottle caps at the base of the cone. 
 

5. Stack another row off center so they are staggered a bit, 
    continuing all the way up the cone. 
6. Once the cone is completely covered, paint the entire 
    outside with the beige/ tan paint. 
7. After the paint is dry turn the cup over and add more  
    glue to any of the bottle caps that need re-enforced.

Once your cone of caps is painted, sponge or stipple on white paint lightly as if coating with powder sugar. Allow to dry. Add a red ribbon for decor on top. 

 


 I hope you like it!
 VIDEO


4 comments:

  1. This is such a great craft! It's a lot of fun to try and match AG things with what can be found around the house. Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! You did a great job with this craft - I love it! So resourceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's what I did with kananis shaved ice stand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did you do this with kananis shaved ice stand?

      Delete