Friday, April 12, 2019

AG Molly Potential Green Marks from Metal Glasses



When I bought my Pleasant Co. Molly, I knew she had a mark on her left side by her ear. 


The other day, I noticed two more marks, one on her nose/forehead and one on the right side of her head by her ear.  




When I noticed the other mark by her other ear, I remembered the Barbie heads that turned green because of the metal earrings. Since the markings on the side of the head would be in a location where glasses would be, I thought there is the possibility that they might be from metal glasses, but there is no way to know for sure. I don’t recall seeing any mention of the glasses causing green marks on Molly. There are other companies that sell similar glasses, but I don’t know if they are plastic or metal frames. I want to make it clear that I don’t know exactly what caused the markings. I just want to share, in case there are metal glasses for Molly, that may leave marks.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Good thing to know about potentially happening. I leave glasses on my dolls all the time but I think they're all plastic. I will have to look. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly's original glasses ere metal so it very well could be the source. When you bring up early photos of her they were big too! So the mark on the forehead is about right. Perhaps the original owner put them on wet or left her in the sun a bit.

    My AGOT12E's first pair of AG glasses also had metal frames but they were coated with something to make them look like tiger's eye or whatever they call the mottled color to be. Hahaha. Not sure if I have any other metal frames most are plastic.

    ReplyDelete