Monday, October 9, 2017

*NEWS* Rumors of Molly's Return

 It's no secret that Samantha has been "cubed" inside the 3 major AGP locations, and her items are currently on sale online. Making room for......as previously mentioned in August. Rumors are getting stronger that Molly is set to make a return out of the BeForever vault. Looks more likely to be a February release instead of last August.

Check out her new books!
I'm SO EXCITED!!!!


Chances and Changes: My Journey With Molly Paperback – 19 Feb 2018

 What if you suddenly found yourself at summer camp with Molly at the end of World War Two? The two of you can go on an overnight nature hike, perform in the talent show, or compete in the swim meet. Your journey back in time can take whatever twists and turns you choose, as you select from a variety of exciting options in this multiple-ending story.


 Molly McIntire is growing up while the world is at war. Although the fighting is far away, life is full of changes and challenges. But Molly, with hope in her heart and pride in her country, is determined to make a difference. The first volume of Molly's stories shows how Americans on the home front pitched in during World War Two.


Stars, Stripes, and Surprises: A Molly Classic 2 Paperback – February 19, 2018

 When a girl from London comes to stay with the McIntires, Molly expects her to be as glamorous as an English princess. But Emily is nothing like Molly expected. It isn't until Emily talks about living through a real bombing that Molly understands the sacrifices others have made for the war. Just when Molly feels like wartime will last forever, she gets the news she's been waiting for: Dad is coming home! Can Molly pull off plans for a big surprise?
********************* 

I am hoping for more than a revised meet outfit as pictured on A Winning Spirit. Felicity only had one outfit with no other items when she returned.

I dislike this vaulting and re-releasing idea. Give us two-three outfits per year for each doll again please along with "collection accessories" for school, birthday, holiday, summer, winter and crafts books - WITH illustrations! The previous "system" was not broken there was NO NEED to change anything!

14 comments:

  1. Yes, I would like to see more done for existing dolls. Also, do the girls in the new photographs look a bit older, more 12 than 9 or 10.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to see books with illustrations, and history again. This thing of bringing out a doll for a few years only cheapens our history. I have mixed feelings about Molly coming back. Look at what they did to Felicity. But what bothers me the most is the cheap cloth on the doll's body. Why change something that did not need changing. The cloth body is the cheapest part of the doll, and they made it flimsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree so much about the books! Mattel is not being smart. They are catering to a younger crowd, it seems, yet the new books with no illustrations are a higher reading level as well! Sad. :/

      Delete
  3. I want her!!! We have a Pleasant Company one and We love her. She was rescued by someone and restored fully. Her hair was was cut some. She wears a uniform to match my Daughter every weekday. She was given to Daughter when she went the Hospital in a Ambulance a few years ago, so she has special meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very disappointed with Felicity's release. I wanted her to have new outfits, furniture and accessories. This seems like an opportunity to get a new audience reading her books. If that is the plan for Molly, I would rather she stay in the archives. Addy and Sam are gone from the DC store with not a mention it was happening. Felicity never came to the DC store-which is in Virginia. Our store has two floors which is enough room for all the historicals. Madelon

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend and I have been so very dissapointed with Felicity's release. We where hoping for more fun things for her! And we have yet to have anything at all! Except the one outfit!

    I dearly miss the old system with the craft books, the educational big books with all kinds of historical stuff in them. I think girls today would enjoy them just as much as we did. and the new outfits!

    I would be so happy if American Girl brought back Molly with an entire collection! She was such a popular doll too. Though I am a little sadden that they are obviously retiring Samantha as she is one my favorites. And I miss the books with illustrations too! I used to sit and go through my AG books for hours just looking at the pictures and pretending I was whatever character I was reading. I loved all the pictures and still do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about the books! My almost 10 yr-old loves the older shorter books with illustrations—she hasn’t had much interest in the Maryellen books! :(

      Delete
  6. Would love to get the new meet outfit and a couple more items for Molly. Not sure what AG will do differently from Felicity? That stole my enthusiasm for older dolls. I expected so much and yet am left confused and waiting for more items to join the doll. Is this going to be the case for Molly...one item and a doll and that is it? Not sure how exciting that will be for those of us who are waiting to complete collectiona and who want to welcome back old dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I don't like this at all. They changed samantha so much, she just wasn't the same doll. I will admit, the book covers are nice, but I don't think they'll do the collection any good. Maybe I'll buy something, but odds are everything will just be twisted so it can appeal to the modern market. Not excited at all, Molly (note that I am biased in that Molly was my first and is my favorite) is/was gone and to be honest that's a good thing because then her collection doesn't have to suffer through what Kit, Samantha or Addy's collections did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Disappointed w Samantha and Felicity as well. Had opportunity to buy new Samantha at an auction for $60 and I passed. But I paid $300 for Rebecca in her original meet outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the old books and so does my 8 year old! Pleasant company dolls were the best! We love all the old books and stories. We just bought Molly's stage. We have all of Nanea's collection but my daughter likes the old stuff so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh why do her glasses have to be brown instead of silver

    ReplyDelete