I like Samantha's new BeForever bed, but I have no plan to buy it. If Samantha's new Half Canopy Bed is out of price range for you and some of the younger readers want to make it, here's how.
Samantha thinks this bed is fit for a princess. The set includes:
- A white wooden bed with fancy flowers and faux caning details
- A luxurious canopy that drapes over the extra-tall headboard
- A pretty white bedspread with floral embroidery and lace trim
- A round bolster pillow with button accents
- A satiny pink mattress and pillow
- AG doll box
- Extra card board or foam board
- Cane print scrapbook paper
- White paper or foam sheets
- Pink fabric
- White lace trim
- Wooden decorative medallions
I covered two pieces of cardboard with scrapbook paper, then cut out decorative moldings using white craft sheets to frame each. I embellished with wooden decorative pieces and used paper flowers.
After attaching the head and foot boards, I glued another foam sheet inside the foot board to clean things up. I covered the tall backboard in pink paper, hot gluing everything along the way.
I also covered the sides of the bed in white craft sheets to cover the card board box.
I cut two cornice pieces using foam board, then glued one to the back board.
I glued the canopy drapes onto the cornice gathering as I went. After trimming off the excess fabric to reduce "bulk", I glued the second cornice piece on top (sandwich style).
Using a craft foam sheet as molding, I trimmed out the cornice. Next I tied back the canopy drapes with strands of rosettes.