Saturday, October 20, 2012

How To Make - Felicity's 4-Poster Bed - DIY

AG doll beds are expensive. Especially retired doll furniture. Samantha has a brass bed, Kirsten has a powder blue wooden box bed, Addy's has a wooden rope bed, while both Felicity and Elizabeth's have gorgeous canopy beds.

 In a previous POST I showed a photo of a doll bassinet I bought for $4.00. I took the wicker siding off and deconstructed the entire thing to re-build it into a 4-poster bed. I would LOVE to have Felicity or Caroline's bed and this is what we set out to recreate on a budget.



With the individual pieces, my husband trimmed off about a third from the bottom of what is now the foot board, then attached the head board and foot board to a 10" x 21" board.



He marked evenly on both head/foot board



 Then pre-drilled holes on the marks.


 Attaching both the head and foot boards to the (leftover) pink shelf.



 

After this, he glued the posts with Gorilla glue leaving a 1-inch "foot" on the bottom. Each clamped "post" took about 1-hour to dry completely. I know these photos aren't very pretty....




After each post was glued on...


I sanded then painted the entire bed a rich warm brown. 


 
 

Now I have to make a mattress and pillow. It is going to be difficult to find fabric to match Felicity's comforter. 

PART TWO

1 comment:

  1. I was able to make this in cardboard, using an OG doll box. Next will be Elizabeth's bed....sized for 16" Lydia (E-Lydia-Beth) Peyton.
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete