AG Doll boxes have changed quite a bit through the years.
I love them all.
- In 1986 the first AG boxes were solid burgundy with a vertical cream colored ribbon with “American Girl’s Collection” printed on it.
- Late 80s/early 90’s the same burgundy boxes now featured a horizontal band.
- Early to mid 90’s the box changed to white with iridescent silhouettes of Samantha all over the lid and a burgundy horizontal band.
- 1996 boxes changed to white with a pinstripe effect and a horizontal burgundy band with cameos of the six dolls which said "The American Girls Collection".
- Estimated at around 2002 the boxes changed back to color in a dark red/burgundy marbled look with "The American Girls Collection" in gold font. This time clear cellophane windows were added to reveal the doll inside.
- In 2005 boxes changed back to solid front lids in a marbled burgundy and featured the six doll cameo lineup.
- 2007 boxes were solid burgundy with a red horizontal printed band and star logo. The round cellophane window returned and the doll's first name was printed on the bottom front.
- 2014 with the launch of Beforever, the boxes are hot pink with a red horizontal printed band and the round cellophane window reveals the doll inside. This time BEFOREVER is featured on the logo and the doll's full name is displayed on the bottom front alongside her silhouette.
You can purchase NEW doll boxes online $5 each.