Thursday, January 2, 2020

American Girl GOTY 2020 Joss Kendrick Doll Review

 
  
Her new face sculpt - an almost heart shape with a wide forehead (denoting intelligence),  a classic AG nose, a deeply set Mona Lisa smile and those huge brown eyes.


 Joss is deaf in her left ear and has partial hearing in her right. So she usually wears her pop-in hearing aid, unless she is surfing. Then it is easily removable. She comes with two in a small holder.

 

The noticeable thing about the new GOTY is the colors of her box. Instead of being the standard red with white trim, they are an ombré reminding one of a sunset with a light blue ocean background. Very pretty and distinctive.


Her pink underwear is wrapped separately.



Her hair is multi-tonal shades of brown & caramel and pulled back over her left ear in a rubber band. Her body is not the typical cloth - it is more of a polyester - kind of like the OG dolls. 

She has regular AG hands (no Tenney hands), and comes dressed in a swimsuit, jean shorts, blue jacket with sleeve embellishment and coral sandals.




Book One is included. Hope you all enjoy her!

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I would love to see her compared to Marie Grace doll. I was surprised to find that Joss reminds me of her even with the new face mold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Especially her profile, she and Marie Grace could be sisters.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love Joss. I think this is the most excited I have been for a GOTY release. (I started collecting when Isabelle was the current GOTY.) I would have absolutely LOVED Joss's theme when I was little and I really love her new facemold. I'm also so happy to see she has the old "better quality" eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete