Saturday, May 4, 2019

Nonna’s Printables: Snack Size Cookie Boxes

Print these photos and scale them to the 1 inch shown in each image for this printable. Print on cardstock or heavy paper.





Be sure to change your settings to print on cardstock to get the best color saturation. Cut each out. If you cut out the green Hello Panda box first, you can use it to cut out the red one more easily (the edges are not as clear). Nonna’s Pro Tip: the long sides of each box would benefit from a little extra paper left for the inside flap. I did not do this and it was tricky to get the glue stick glue (that I applied with my finger because the area was so small) to stick. I will definitely do this for any more that I make. It works with the small flaps as designed; it was just trickier than it likely needs to be.


To fold the boxes, use a straight edge to crease the fold. I use the edge of my scissor since it’s already in my hand (as shown, be careful if you choose this for your straight edge). Line the straight edge up with each end of your fold rather than worrying about the line or image itself. This way, when you fold it, it will meet up. Once you have creased the fold, use your fingers to pinch each crease gently but sharply. Repeat until all folds are complete.


At this point, you can just fold and assemble, but I like to use something as structure inside so that my box is more stable. You can use corrugated cardboard or something else you have on hand. I stockpile packing material so I cut this foam to fit inside using my scissors.


It took two pieces to fill this box. There’s no need to attach them. They will stay put in the box. From here, you can glue it up using the flaps.


For the six sided Hello Panda boxes you only need a reinforcement piece in the center section. The sides will be secure enough.


To tape/glue up, fold as for a real box tucking the smaller pieces under to give you maximum surface for adhesion. Hold each side tightly until the glue sets up (per whatever glue you are using).


Finished boxes. Pen shown for scale. 


Everyone gets a cookie! (Left to right, Kingstate doll that I turned into a boy named Leon, Kirsten, Madame Alexander Frozen’s Anna, Battat Jack, AG JLY 33, AG JLY 56, couches are vintage Battat Our Generation, tv is a music box)



The boxes are scaled to fit in the dolls hands. Comment below if you’re interested in knowing how to make mini versions of the cookies themselves too. 


2 comments:

  1. These are great, so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I love the panda cookies! The French ones look good too!

    I'll have to try this we have card stock at work I can use.

    ReplyDelete