Sunday, July 5, 2015

*Reader Photos* DIY Doll Makeover + Contest

Shosy has made over what she calls a Dumpster Doll project. The before and after comparison is wonderful!


I found this 2006 Madame Alexander doll for $3.99 at a 30% discount.
She is pretty cute, but her hair is in bad shape and she doesn't stand too well.   


After a good washing and comb through and it looks almost normal again.

I had to cut the hair because I am making this doll over into a vintage looking doll.

I also added in a few layers.

Cleaned, hair in perm rollers and lips sanded just a bit.

So shiny - this is actually a base color then another accent color in the crease and a coat of sealer.

Red base color and sealer applied to finger nail and toes.




I know this seems like a lot of makeup.....



 My version of Milton Greene's original photos.



Contest Rules
•Must be 18 or older/or Have Parents Permission to Enter.
•Must be a ‘Shosy G’  Subscriber.
•Open to US & Canadian residents only.
•Must ‘FAVORITE’ my ‘Dumpster Doll Makeover – Part 5/Final’ video.
•Must Choose One Doll (from the pics) that you’d like to Win - Then Tell me what You’d Re-make her Into!
•Send me a finished picture (jpg) of your ‘Dumpster Doll’ makeover – in the next 2-3 months so it can appear on my blog.


DEADLINE for Entries
Friday, July 10, 2015

5 comments:

  1. Ummm... I don't really understand how this works....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to the link provided to her channel.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for posting this Rhonda - I have already gotten great feedback ^_^! This is so exciting!

      Delete
    3. Camille, please let me know if you have further questions - I will be happy to clarify, because I don't want you to miss out due to something that I didn't make understandable. Thanks and take care ^_^

      Delete