Friday, December 26, 2014

*Opening* Samantha's Tyson's Ice Cream Parlor + Review

My husband knows how much I love Tyson's Ice Cream Parlor, so he bought it for me! Hurray! Here it is as it was packaged.




It's SO HEAVY!



There are many pieces.


I love the scoops of ice cream; they're my favorite flavors. The candy toppings are glued inside the plastic candy jar.



The plates are porcelain and the spoons are metal. The lids to the ice cream tubs are light weight plastic. 



The lamp takes 3AAA batteries.


The clear cups are plastic and sit inside metal holders. This cash register is heavy and has intricate detailed etching.



The handle cranks forward and the drawer opens, quickly. The buttons work when pushed. The entire row moves not the individual buttons.


I love the pink marble counters and the details on the mirror.


Each bin is deep enough to hold all nine of the ice cream scoops inside one tub.


There's only one sturdy metal chair.


All of the pieces can be stored easily on the shelves below.






This is such a high quality item, (probably made of MDF, plywood would be much lighter). Pink marble counters, white and gray marble detail on the sides, and carved support pillars.


Thank you to my husband for this!! I love it. I will be having many parties, including birthday parties for my dolls here.

*REVIEW VIDEO*

6 comments:

  1. Nice hubby!!! I remember checking this out when I was at the AG store in Columbus and it seems to be an extremely well made piece. The personal shopper I was with had me pick up the cash register just to see how heavy it was. I love the background with it too, looks great. Congrats and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *From Julie's doll mom:*

    I saw that at the AG Store in Palo Alto. It is very well made and has a lot of play value. Enjoy your gift and be extra nice to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband is (no pun intended) a real doll! He got you Julie's VW too, right? This is exciting … I saw the ice cream shop in person at AG Place and was really impressed. Thanks for sharing your "dolly life" with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that was what was in the big box? Very nice. Looks awesome! I agree with Flo, "Nice hubby!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite is the cash register. Many years ago I used a register like that on a job. Great beautiful piece. Brings back memories. Of course my grandparents would have seen this in use many times as children. They are gone now but looking at Samantha brings back the memories. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, you might like this : http://livingadollslife.blogspot.com/2014/11/ice-cream-parlor-victorian-part-two.html

      Delete