Monday, May 25, 2020

Mary Poppins - What A Doll! Disney Week


The original 1964 Disney classic, “Mary Poppins” was a delight for fans during a turbulent time in American history. Featuring the acting and voice talents of Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke. It encompassed a hand wringing story line of good vs evil, charming song and dance numbers and of course the thrilling moments of utter silliness, this movie was bound for movie magic.

Much later, in 2018 a second version was introduced, but it continued where the first left off – just a generation or so later. This was also a scrumdillyishious work of the same genre as the original with a darker tone.


And so, during another of our world’s crisis’, I was able to collaborate with an Etsy Shop owner and fellow Instagram friend, Lauras American Doll Boutique to share my vision of what Bert should look like in the ‘Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious’ song and dance sequence. I already had purchased the Mary Poppins outfit on Amazon. And Laura came through with flying colors!!!
(We are already in plans for another ‘darker adventure’, but nonetheless magical!)


Then, when it came time to put a video together – I ended up putting together two! I wanted an Easter video – to celebrate those quarantined at home. And a picture gallery video displaying the actors in their costumes alongside my dolls in outfits.



My Mary Poppins is a Laura Ashley doll named Laura and of course Bert is not simply Logan Everett, he is also Joss Kendrick’s brother at my house, Dillon.

On a more personal note, my three sons and I, way back in the 1990’s auditioned for a musical called the “Secret Garden” and the Director conducting the auditions told me he was one of the Chimney Sweep dancers in the ‘Mary Poppins’ movie. This was during call-backs, so I got to speak with him at length about the show, the main actors and what that experience was like!
He was a delightful older man – full of energy with a twinkle of fun in his eye!






I hope you are sincerely enchanted, in awe, encouraged and are caught smiling by these photos. Because that is exactly what they are meant to stir inside you; feelings of happiness.
Creativity, fun and productivity!

Be well friends.


To see Mary Poppins Jolly Holiday CONTINUE READING....

1 comment:

  1. The photos are wonderful and the costumes are amazing. I love her little white gloves and I love the butterfly on his hat. And oh my goodness, the roller skates are too cute!

    ReplyDelete