Tuesday, April 7, 2020

AG Look for Less - American Girl Addy's Bedroom

 



Addy's bedroom was created on shelving units from Home Depot.  They are also at Walmart.  There are five shelves to each unit, but I only use four to allow the dolls room to stand.  Addy's bedroom is 24x48 and approximately 24 inches tall.  We had some sheet rock available so we cut it for the walls.  Hobby Lobby has scrapbook paper 4 for $1.00 if the paper's price is originally 69 cents or under.  The brown paper was full priced at 79 cents a sheet.  I bought 8 sheets of the brown and 8 sheets of the flowered paper.  At Lowe's I bought the trim for about $2.67.  
 


I painted the trim with left over paint that I had on hand.  I attached the scrapbook paper to the sheet rock with Elmer's Multi-Purpose Spray Adhesive then sprayed the back of the trim and attached it to the scrapbook paper.



The bed is American Girl Addy's bed and bedding.  The pictures were thrifty find $1 each.  The dresser was $6 thrifty find and the shelf was $2, the rug was 49 cents.  The chair was $16 at an antique store.  The quilt was a thrifty find $1.  The dining room table and chairs were $5 thrifty find.  They are Batatt (Our Generation brand).  The two room dividers were thrifty finds about $12.  The tea set is one I had when my daughter was little.  I made the biscuits from air dry clay.

 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! I love "how-tos" as I don't have any ideas for crafting on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for showing how creative you can get with diy and thrift store finds.
    Really have been enjoying the Living A Doll's Life blog during this stay at home time. I enjoy all eras of the AG dolls. Love to set up scenes for them to match the clothing styles I sew for them. You and the other gals at your site give me great inspiration. Thank you for all your wonderful posts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Doreen for the positive feedback. LADL is always here and it is our hope that we can inspire the creativity inside of you. On behalf of the LADL team, thank you for being a loyal reader. God bless!

      Delete