Monday, January 27, 2020

DIY Beach Van



I ordered this 1960’s looking orange van, on sale online from Target during one of their toy sales. This was the end of last year, in anticipation of the rumors surrounding the GOTY Joss Kendrick’s $650 van. Knowing the American Girl van would be awesome, but that I would never spend two Jeep payments on a toy, I decided to create something far less expensive and more my own.

So, paying way less than $100. and just using paints and ingenuity,
I was able to capture my version of beaches along the Pacific Coast Highway I had traveled to over the years with my kids and friends.
See for yourself (the only thing I need to change or add is the curtains, something fun on the chalkboard and maybe an octopus on the top!


I customized my OG van for Joss and her crew, in colors like her box!



Logan and Gabe are my Dillon and Liam Kendrick
(and yes, Dillon is too young to drive!)





The curtains are temporary until I replace them with new ones.As you can see, this is no longer a Food Truck, but more of a utilitarian, surfer van – made to haul people, surfboards
 and other equipment.


Hope it inspired you to create your own!

2 comments: