Saturday, December 23, 2017

*REVIEW* AG Black Sparkle Outfit


Look out Meg Markle because this outfit has the sparkle-the dress that is.


This is the dress that was part of the twelve days of AG savings. It retailed for $21 for reward members.

It rivals the dress from holiday 2014.  The blue dress that year was called the Happy Holiday Dress retailed $36.  A deep blue sleeveless dress with sequins and triple layer tulle underskirt. Shoes are sparkly with a silver bow and a satin covered headband with two rows of sequin trim. It even came with a charm.


This black sparkle dress has a layered underskirt but part of the layers is a tee shirt material. Polka dots are on the tulle and  are white while top part of the dress resembles the same material from Grace's city shorts. Shoes have a black sole so this dress is not cheap looking by far. It also comes without head accessory...you can add your own. It does come with white faux fur wrap with silver tie bow. Much better than headband in my opinion. 

Happy holiday dress is featured here with a Navy blue and black faux fur wrap with sequined cap sleeves. This was bought separate from dress while white faux fur wrap came with black sparkle outfit.

I really like this purchase. My AG 58 doll will wear it every holiday from now on.

Happy Christmas & Happy New Year LADL fans!!!
-Ticia

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful outfit. Wish I had gotten it. Your dolls are lovely. Madelon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can still get it for $28.00 in in in my shopping bag, have not paid yet.

      Delete
    2. Thank you. That means a lot coming from a true doll collector and you are as authentic as they come. Your collection is one to aspire to. You have encouraged me to keep on collecting and looking for beauty in every item that is worth keeping. Rhonda has brought meaning to this blog and did it with dignity for everyone who has ever bought a doll. I will be grateful for that and seeing your collection was such a treat. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. I love this dress. Especially the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love, love both if these two dresses. Going eork on ordering the black one today. HOPEFULLY, THEY CAN GET IT TO ME BEFORE NEW YEARS.I WILL WORK IN THE BLUE FOR A DOLL AND MY DAUGHTER FROM EBAY FOR NEXT YEAR. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR THE AWESOME REVIEW. I AM SOLD 100%!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they had made this be a regular holiday dress. I want the blue one, too. Madelon

      Delete
    2. You are welcome. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  4. The black dress is gorgeous. I recognized the similarities with the blue dress, which is ok, but not my favorite, so I didn't buy the dress. Seeing it in your pictures, I really like it. The red bow looks stunning with the dress.

    Ticia, Thank you so much for the articles, reviews, and great hair styling tips. Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you and your family.

    Off topic, is everyone aware that Kohl's has marked down Tenney and Grant and their collection 10 - 20%? I've been secretly wanting Logan, so the sale along with Kohl's reward to use by 12/31, and I couldn't resist. Also saw Lea's sloth and turtle at Marshal's yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surprised that Kohl's has marked down the Tenney collection, AG doesn't usually allow that. Madelon

      Delete
    2. Up with baby I am responding and reading LADL! THIS BLOG WILL BE MISSED.

      That is so nice of you. I feel the same way about your comments and this blog. It is so informative and allows buyers and collectors to really voice their opinion in a plausible way. I was really upset with the AG doll company and needed to address my concerns in a way that was real. I think I have come to expect a lot from them as far as quality and diversity. When companies skimp on the bottom line it takes away their luster. That is what is happening now and they are seeing it reflect in their market of toy manufacturers. This blog allowed me to talk about it from a collector and buyer's point of view which I appreciate. Seeing your comments gave me hope and perspective. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

      Delete
  5. the dresses look beautiful on both dolls

    ReplyDelete