Wednesday, November 1, 2017

*In Store Report* Last Look at Be Forever AGP NY


For those who like to go to American Girl Place in Manhattan NY, there will be a week when there is no location open.  The old store, New York (609 Fifth Avenue at 49th Street), will be closed November 6 - 10.  The new store, New York City (75 Rockefeller Plaza), is having its Grand Opening November 11 & 12.






 

I went to the store for a last look at the historical doll displays.  Samantha, Addy and Felicity had only cubes. 



The new location is in the heart of Rockefeller Center.  And when it's holiday time, the big Christmas tree will be in view from there.  Hope everyone gets to visit a store somewhere sometime.
-Valerie

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. We have many happy memories at this store. Not sure how I feel about the new one yet. Will have to see. Do you have photos of the windows facing the sidewalk? I am curious. Madelon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wanted to get up there one last time before the move. Thanks for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Special memories In 2013 we went to visit family in Northeast PA. My sister and I took my daughters to NYC. I looked for things that we could do that were for kids. AG store was mentioned in my search. We got to the store and the girls were in love. We were lucky that someone canceled their dining plans. My oldest picked Kaya to have lunch with. She loves her, and it was hard for her to choose between Saige and Kaya, but because Saige was GOTY, that is who she asked Santa to bring for Christmas. My youngest loved Caroline. I remember them begging to buy a doll, and me saying no, because I didn't want to carry the dolls around NYC, but we did buy mini dolls, Marie Grace and Kaya. That was the beginning of a fun journey. I hope to go out to visit PA again and see AG at the new location. Love Rockefeller Center. LEGO store is there too.

    ReplyDelete