Wednesday, August 30, 2017

*In Store Report* Nanea Craft Day Event - AGP Nashville



Aloha (hello)!
My daughter, God-Daughter, hoaloha (best friend) and I were fortunate to be able to attend one day of the Nanea events at the Franklin Tennessee American Girl store. On Friday August 25, we got to meet Nanea and the girls got to do a pretty little post card craft and received a small bag that matched Nanea's meet top.  




This nani (beautiful) bag included a full size Territory of Hawaii card for the kids like the tiny one that comes with Nanea's accessories.  Various postcards, stickers as well as a "Speak Hawaiian" card were also included.  






I love this new addition to the American Girl BeForever Line.  Nanea and her entire collection make me hau'oli (happy). I look forward to reading about the history that surrounded this intelligent gal from 1941 and how the war affected her life.

Mahalo (thank you) for stopping by!

Aloha (good-bye)!
Sheryl


Booth Talks Books: boothtalksbooks.wordpress.com

8 comments:

  1. I was so excited on Sunday when the craft table was still out, as I missed the first debut event on Friday for Seattle, so I got both the activity and the pouch, and technically, still got to go to a debut! Only between getting the pouch and checkout, the pouch fell out of my bag. It wasn't the most exciting promo item, but I liked the Hawaiian phrase chart, too, and it was just a nice little token to have.

    I would've gone back to the store the next day to inquire about it, but I'm south of Seattle and it's an hour north of me in good traffic. I am going to try to be grateful that they still had Mele in stock, as I really wanted to get her for my mom as she resembled her old dog Sandy. Mom turned me down, as I thought she might, but she appreciated it. I did get Nanea, as I've been planning on doing since she was announced, and her accessories even though they were half paper items. I wish that there were little informative cards in the accessories box like there used to be explaining certain items--like her ID card and why "HAWAII" is printed on the back of the paper bills. Little important pockets of history that more should know.

    --Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be good, yes. But, I am still excited that they are making historical dolls. I was afraid they were going to scratch the whole thing when they first retired Samantha back in 2017. Fortunately for us, they came out with more historical characters. I hope to keep continuing to do that and giving us more history through these dolls for our daughters and sons for generations to come.

      Delete
  2. I cannot wait to read her story. So far from what I have heard it sounds amazing. The craft looks great too and sounds educational. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is reminiscent of the original stories, back to the way things were with PC. I hope they continue to come out with more historical characters.

      Delete
    2. I agree--Nanea's first book is reading like one of the more classic PC era stories. I only wish there were pictures. I've managed to collect all of the original chapter books or in a couple cases story compilations that have all the illustrations. I'm glad that there was at least a short historical context piece at the back, but it could've been much more expanded. Two pages isn't much compared to the historical material we'd get in each chapter book. -- Jen

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures and you look so excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally was! Best day ever with my ladies.

      Delete
  4. Very nice post!!!!!! We pray that we will get Nanea soon.

    ReplyDelete