Thursday, March 5, 2015

DIY - Pleasant Company Doll Trunks

Don't we just love those Pleasant Company doll trunks??
I know I do! The original six girls from the American Girl collection each had one. I recreated smaller versions of both Felicity's Travel Trunk and  Kit's Dresser Trunk.


Michael's has ready to finish wooden trunks in various sizes. You may think this is a bit large, but Addy's trunk measures W: 23" x H: 12" x D: 11".


If you're looking for a DIY project, this is a great one! Painting or wood staining a large wooden trunk for your Addy would be a rewarding project!

3 comments:

  1. *From Julie's doll mom:*

    I still think you should make one for Willow so she can store all her cool souvenirs from other places in it. It would look authentic w/ some travel stickers on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool craft! :) I'll have to drop by Michael's and look for some stuff!

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Julie's Mom's idea! That would be a great thing for Willow to have.

    Thank you for the information - this is a great crafting idea for DIYers.

    ReplyDelete