When I saw Karen's post on Doll Diaries on HTM a Tea Cozy I flipped out! It's absolutely adorable!! Nellie and I decided to make one for her and Samantha to use.
- Felt or fabric
- Plain sheet of paper, pen
- Buttons, trims, Ric rack
- hot glue or needle and thread
- Lay your tea pot onto a sheet of paper and trace around it.
- Cut the pattern piece then pin it to your felt or fabric.
- Cut your fabric and either sew or hot glue the two side together with good sides facing.
- Turn right side out and decorate!!
Nellie wanted to add buttons!!
We also made a cute sponge cake.
- Tear off the green scour side of the sponge, discard.
- Cut basic yellow sponge in half then trace a circle using a cookie cutter or drinking glass for size.
- Hot glue the layers together.
- Cut a triangular piece out of your cake.
- Paint the top and sides with 3D puff paint.
You can use different colored sponges for different flavored cakes too!