In Mrs. Golden's Kitchen there is a pie safe.
There was no refrigeration during Addy's time, they kept their food in a pie safe where it could keep cool as the air ventilated through the holes in the tin, but kept insect and mice out.
- Mirrored scrapbook paper - or - heavy duty foil.
- 12" tall doll size furniture or a cardboard box.
- Skewer or large needle
- Trace a design onto the foil or scrapbook paper.
- Carefully poke holes using the needle or skewer to create the design.
- Glue the "tin" onto the door fronts of your pie safe.