My husband is always willing to help me with doll projects that are either a bit difficult or intimidating for me. I am not experienced in working with these chemicals and he gladly stepped up to restore Kirsten's table top.
- Drop Cloth
- Steel Wool Pads
- Disposable Gloves
- Paint Rags
- 80 Grit Sandpaper (320, 400, 600)
- FROMBYS Furniture Re-finisher
This is an ADULT PROJECT! PARENT Permission!!
- Make sure your drop cloth covers your work surface completely
- Wear gloves and goggles, this product is toxic to skin and can splash in eyes.
- Soak the steel wool pad with the product and begin removing the finish in a circular motion, rinsing the pad in the re-finisher periodically.
- Wipe all of the product away with a dry rag
- Go over once again with the re-finisher with the grain, wipe dry with clean cloth.
- Sand with the grain removing the top surface for a uniform look.
- Sand with 80 grit paper, followed by 320, 400, 600 grit to ensure smoothness.
- Wipe the surface clean, now it is ready for staining.
- Brush on conditioner per directions.
- Brush on stain per directions.
- Brush on polyurethane per directions.