Tuesday, August 5, 2014

*In Store Report* OG Retro Collection, Matching Girl/Doll Outfits + Mini Dolls

*RUMOR*
I saw a comment on social media that only select Target stores will carry OG in the future. Store associates there said OG will still be available online Target.com.

 In Texas where I live, we have two Target stores. I went to both Target stores over the weekend hoping to get the RV Camper, but they were sold out, as usual. At one location, the OG aisle was very bare. I asked why this was and if they were discontinuing OG. I was told that OG will be getting LARGE shipments for fall (for my particular stores). 

It's pretty clear that with all of the new items coming out, OG is revamping their line the same time AG is re-introducing Samantha. Smart marketing strategy. Here is what I found at the other well stocked Target. (LOTS of photos)

 

They had lots on sale. Abrianna and Alejandra were marked CLEARANCE $19.00


My Sweet Canopy Bed, Scooters and Salon Chairs were marked on sale.

**NEW ITEMS**


 

I love this outfit GO WITH THE BOW

 
 
 


My friend Leigh Wilson took these pictures of items that will be showing up in select Target stores nationwide.


  Look for OG doll stands $9.99 


   We have all heard rumors about an AG 1950s historical doll hopefully releasing in September 2015. Our Generation  has the cutest accessories under their RETRO COLLECTION. Stock up now while stores have these adorable retro accessories and clothing packs.

  

This set is adorable and would work well if you have Ruthie! 



 The purse looks very similar to hers.


 

  I love this bowling set - CUTE CUTE CUTE!


Retro Deluxe Accessory packs.

Photo: Linda Reynolds
 Photo Linda Reynolds
  Photo Linda Reynolds
 Photo Linda Reynolds

Other items NEW this fall to look for include:

Leigh Wilson

Suite Teepee Tent for girls and dolls. 

Leigh Wilson
Leigh Wilson

Backpacks and doll carriers $24.99
Leigh Wilson

Girls/doll matching purses.


Leigh Wilson

Matching girl and doll outfit sets $29.99.


Linda Reynolds


These also match the $9.99 mini dolls outfits.


Leigh Wilson

Holiday Hannah $31.99 in a pretty cranberry dress.
 I have made my list!!!!
Which are your favorites???

17 comments:

  1. I like the Bathtub! I have been looking for one that is cheaper than AG's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the matching girl and doll purses. I've seen most if the retro outfits online before, but I love the one with the Real Cool Cat outfit, and the poodle skirt!

    Saw this post before your mini doll one. Heading there now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *From Julie's doll mom:*

    Definitely digging the retro vibe! AG is gonna have some stuff competition when they come out w/ their 50s doll! (clothing and accessories wise). I must have that record set! (I wonder if the records are cardboard or plastic?) I like the bowling stuff too. Out Target never seems to have anything good. Hopefully the online selection will be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The record set and bowling set are adorable! I KNOW!!!!

      Delete
  4. Love the retro stuff. The good stuff is never in-store near me. However, my dd got a few outfits for her bday from family members and one looks great on her doll. The red boots with the raincoat are too small and don't fit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK I live in TX DFW area. Are the stores in that area or Houston. I lost all my moles when the Mesquite store was remodeled. My daughter's store in OK has lots of OG items. 3 full aisles in 2012. I go to Rockwall & their aisle is very short. I want some more minis & clothes. I would like to get my granddaughters some items on their list. Of course it could be Allen. Time to visit my cousin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the OG post photos are from North TX and South TX and Atlanta.

      Delete
  6. I like all the retro items - but as others have stated - my target's og section is very small.
    FYI If anyone buys Journey Girls items (Toys R Us) they have new items online (not yet in stores.)
    Jetsetter collection, slumber party pack, pet set, spa essentials, wooden armoire, hair stylin' studio, and a chef kitchen - there is no picture for the kitchen - I want to see that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Eva, and a love the go with the bow outfit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! Do you know what stores will still have OG? I hope Boardman, OH, Niles, OH, Pittsburgh, PA, or Erie, PA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are five different Targets I can go to in my area - the two closest usually have a great selection of OG items. Different at teach one. I really hope one of these stays a "select" store. The others are further away and OG helps me acquire for my collection with lower prices and no shipping charges. ;-)

    I will keep an eye out for these things. I love the new retro outfits. (Did you see Madelon's review of It's Pearl-lific on Karen Mom of Three's blog?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The new retro stuff is very cute, but I'll be upset if OG becomes available only at select Target stores. I happily buy AG products even without being able to go to a store, but I loved the fact that I could easily go to Target to look at OG products and buy something I love for my dolls RIGHT THEN instead of waiting for the mail. It's already hard enough because I don't love everything OG produces, so if I don't grab an outfit or accessory set I want right away, then I usually don't see it again for a long time since the two Targets closest to me are slow about getting new shipments in. And for some reason, some sets are never available online on Target.com. So if it goes to being available only at select Targets, it'll just make it even harder for me :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UPDATE: I was just at Target last night. Happy news--my local Target (at least one of them) appears to be one of the select! The Our Generation merchandise section had changed aisles and expanded quite a bit, including outfits I'd never even seen available in my store before AND a lot of the Retro items. I grabbed the Fun Day Sun Day set (the one with the one-piece striped swimsuit) as I'd wanted it for a while but never saw it in stores, along with the accessory set with the cola bottle above--that one is called Juke Box Ready.

      Delete
  11. These items were so cute that I had to swing by my local Target. Early holiday shopping included picking up the retro blue glasses with the flowers! I also picked up a mini doll. I may need to go back to look at the coordinating outfits...my cute daughter is soo tall for her age that I usually just gloss over those things, but if it has the 18in AND matches the mini AND I can plug it as a sub for goty 2014 like stuff i am all for it! Happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The "Its Pearl-Ific" Outfit looks like
    Audrey Hepburn in
    Breakfast at Tiffanys


    OMG YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some of the outfits look like they were from Grease!!!!
    LOVING IT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the retro look. I must check some Target stores.

    ReplyDelete