Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Make - DIY Doll Back Packs

 



Julie and Ivy need back packs for camp, here's how we made ours!


Supplies:
  • Felt 9x12
  • Needle and thread 
  • Hot glue
  • Scissors
  • Velcro
  • Fabric belt (non leather)


Fold the felt in half, cut off a 1.5" - 2" flap.


Curve the corners of the flap.
Fold the bad sides together, hot glue the bottom and side closed. 


Take the spare piece of felt and hot glue it onto the front of the backpack to make a pocket. 


Hot glue the belt or straps to the bottom of the backpack at each side.


Bring the belt up - measure on your doll for correct length, then hot glue the belt to the upper corners on the back, making a loop.



Hot glue velcro to the flap and top of backpack to secure it shut. 


2 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I will try this! I didn't realize that they made printed felt like that! I will have to go looking for it. Guess I have not been getting out to the craft stores enough! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What exactly is Camp Doll Diaries? I found the website but there was no mention of a camp...It sounds fun! I am planning to do something similar but different. A friend of mine has a modern AG she has outgrown that she is planning to give me, I'll call her Camila (like in the Lea stories). I *MIGHT* get Lea's Rainforest House for my birthday coming up, so I think Camila might have a summer camp event in the near future. I think Samantha will come along, too. She wants a change in scenery fro Piney Point. (I live in New England, and Samantha is tired of pine trees.)
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete