Wednesday, July 24, 2013

*REVIEW* Molly's Dude Ranch Outfit

If any of you have been searching eBay for Molly items, you know that everything has gone up in price since her recent archival announcement. I had been searching long before however for Molly's Dude Ranch outfit. I never found one under $120.00 with bids starting at $88. 

(Molly's Dude Ranch outfit was not in any books, but was instead released with a themed series of “Summer Fun” outfits made for several of the dolls in 2004—with outfits for Addy, Kirsten, Samantha, Kit, and Molly. Addy's outfit was a Kite-Flying Outfit, Kirsten's was a Midsummer Outfit for the traditional Swedish Midsummer Celebration, Samantha's was a Lawn Party Outfit for playing croquet, Kit's outfit was an outfit to wear to a Cincinnati Reds game, and Molly's was the Dude Ranch Outfit for her family's visit to a dude ranch.) -Colleen


I found an etsy shop selling custom originals. I dislike saying knock off because it sounds "cheap". I sent a request to shop owner Lori and she was able to make Molly's Dude Ranch outfit in less than ten days.

Her creations are nothing short of magnifique! This outfit in particular, I know from sewing experience, is very difficult to make. Yokes are tricky. Just look at the sleeve detail! The skirt is crisp and smooth. I appreciate a great seamstress and Lori is just that.




Lori says: Find me at www.etsy.com/shop/fashioned4you I am a lifelong crafter and fan of all things handmade and one of a kind. I truly believe that any idea can be made better when you individualize it and make it your own. All outfits are ready to ship! Orders are shipped daily to ensure your "Girl" gets her new outfits quickly. Choose from OOAK machine embroidered Tshirts, fancy dresses, jean sets, and clothes designed with historical dolls in mind. Your satisfaction is my goal. CUSTOM ORDERS ALWAYS WELCOME. 
You must have a look at her shop! You will find something for sure!

1 comment:

  1. That outfit is adorable. I wish American Girl was not retiring Molly's collection. Madelon

    ReplyDelete