Wednesday, October 10, 2012

How To Do Kirsten's Braids

I found a great photo tutorial from beanbunny on how to do more rounded braids for Kirsten. My Kirsten's hair was in need of styling and this helped me a lot.

What I did first was assess her hair. It wasn't very dry. I've heard from other Kirsten owners that her hair can be dry, especially the older PM doll. Many said that they Downy Dunked her. I didn't need to; I simply took her braids out working one side at a time. I brushed her hair from end to root. I began braiding it as tightly as possible going down the strands/length.
Then I used 2 snag free clear bands as pictured.
After you tie her ribbons in-between both bands, roll her braid up so it is facing forward.
Then tie it off!
Photos courtesy beanbunny

2 comments:

  1. I've tried this, and the loops are pretty small. Probably due to the fact that I re wigged Kirsten a while ago (no fix for chopped off bangs) and the new wig is slightly shorter. Oh well.
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete