Tuesday, September 26, 2017

*REVIEW* Kohl's Damaged Item Reduced Price - American Girl


I don’t shop at Kohl’s very often and don’t know all their policies. I was there today, looking at the American Girl Section. The toy section in our local one looks so disorganized. They had one of Tenney’s Picnic sets on the shelf. The box was torn, creased and opened. I noticed that there was a fork in a plastic bag on the shelf and I figured it went with the set. I put it in the box and I decided to ask if they would discount, if items were missing. 


This is what is in the box, the only item that appeared to be missing is the napkin. The paper items are torn, misshaped. 

I was surprised when the girl said she could offer it to me at 60% off shelf price. For 60% off, a little tape or glue will be good.


 Just passing along, because I didn’t know, and I thought maybe they wouldn’t discount the damaged or missing pieces American Girl items, just send them back to American Girl. 
-Renee

5 comments:

  1. Good to know. I love this set. Madelon

    ReplyDelete
  2. This set is on my list to get. This is nice to know. Many stores will give customers the runaround, it is good that Kohl's has good customer service training for all employees. I want to get more of these kinds of sets because of the affiliation of food aka lunch sets with the original three dolls from the beginning of the brand. Kirsten, Samantha and Molly all had lunch sets in the beginning same followed with later dolls. So it is nice to see one with nice cloth like features and a metal fork. Very nice set at a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this set. We had to have two, they ashamed I paid this price x 2 but it is just fabulous. Thanks for sharing this information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like the lunch sets and the school sets. Those are so nice. It is one way that my daughters relate to the dolls, they love that they have a lunch or school set, just like they do. I also like Samantha. Kirsten and Molly's collection. Kit had some really nice items in her collection, like the Christmas set with the waffle iron. Kit reminds me of Valerie Tripp, because of the hairstyle and writing. Does anyone know if Kit supposed to be like Valerie?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done. Thank you for passing along the information.
    I dread the toy area in our Kohl's. both locations are so disorganized it gives me a headache.
    ~Xyra

    ReplyDelete