Monday, July 24, 2017

*TAMMY'S TRAVELS* Day Seven - Alaska

 
Today was such a pretty day outside that Tammy and I had to take a little road trip! We decided to go up to Hatchers Pass which is one of my all time favorite places to visit in Alaska! The scenery in the mountain pass is just amazing and i love going up there! It also has a neat little history too. 
 


Ever since the Gold rush back in the 1890s Hatchers Pass has been a well known mining area and there are still working claims in the pass today! Supposedly you can find gold in the river panning. Or if you go way up in the mountains on foot you can find old Miners cabins still filled with their items dating back to the Victorian Era! Tammy and I were not able to do that today. But we did get to take a picture of Independence Mine. While this mine itself is not working there is a working Gold Mine in the pass. 


One of these days I am going to visit the mine! 

Though I am very much afraid of heights, my absolute favorite part of going up into Hatchers Pass is looking down into the Mat Su Valley! 

On a nice day the view is just magical! 
 
 
Tammy and I had so much fun in Hatchers Pass! I cant wait to go back up there again and to show you Tammy's next adventure!

4 comments:

  1. Just lovely! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I created an American Girl Doll Games Wiki. Please visit it.
    http://american-girl-doll-games.wikia.com/wiki/American_Girl_Doll_Games_Wiki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Tammy is have a great time showing us the world through a Dolls eyes. Glad we got a chance to host her last Thanksgiving in our Home.

    ReplyDelete