Wednesday, November 23, 2016

*FEATURE* Operation Christmas Child



Every year our family packs and sends at least one shoebox full of
goodies to Operation Christmas Child, a part of Samaritan's Purse Ministry.



These boxes go to children here in America and all over the world to children who would not have a Christmas present otherwise.  My girl's (dolls) wanted to get involved .  Usually, each family packs their own shoebox, but the girls decided to collect items and run an assembly line of sorts to pack the shoe boxes with goodies.  



Melody is in charge of personal items, socks, undies, toothbrushes and toothpaste. 



 Next comes Caroline, who packs school items.  


Felicity packs toys and games, then hands the full box to Samantha who puts a lid on the box and marks each box according to the age and sex of a child.  

 
Then Samantha puts the completed box with the others to be shipped out to Samaritan's Purse to be distributed to needy children!












-Linda

13 comments:

  1. Just...wow. What an amazing effort here. I am sure the children who receive your full sized shoeboxes will be blessed indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, this is adorable!!
    We do shoeboxes too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your displays S.R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, this is too adorable!!! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's adorable! I love it! Our family always does shoeboxes too, for OCC! In fact, I did a post with my dolls where I just took pictures of them and their boxes, but I love this idea! Where do you find everything?!?!?
    ~ Light4theLord
    https://dollsnall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! You showcased an important cause so well. Madelon

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute. My daughters filled a box this year. We found it challenging to find boxed kits that would fit into the shoebox. Have you ever put books inside? My girls love books, and we thought about it, but we didn't want to assume that the girl that received the box would read English. Over the weekend we'll go to Target and each will pick out a doll and outfit to give to Toy 4 Tots. Since they are on sale, perhaps we'll be able to purchase a Wellie Wisher to give also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dolls look adorable and this display is for such a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this darling reminder of what our holiday season--beginning with Thanksgiving and extending through Christmas--is all about! I loved the girls' school uniforms--they really take me back to when I wore one! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome. I did it one year. I will find a way to do it again. Thanks, for reminding me about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a awesome and incredible post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww! This is so cute! So beautifully detailed. And all for a good cause.

    Happy Thanksgiving to all!

    -- Michele Grace

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you everyone. Light 4the Lord, I saw your shoebox pictures and really enjoyed them! Now to your question about where I found everything,the undies and socks belong to my doll, I made the wash clothes,toothbrushes and some of the toys are from the dollar store, I made most of the school supplies by either copying them on the printer to a smaller size or from DIY tutorials from different sites, including Doll Diaries and American Girl Ideas. Ducks are from Michael's. The little dolls are my daughter's. I just pick things up here and there. Scissors and from OG, The Queen's Treasures and dollar sewing kits.

    ReplyDelete