Monday, May 18, 2015

Where's Willow? Hawaii (Day One)


Oh my goodness! What a l-o-n-g trip that was! The airplane ride from Texas was amazing. I played games, read a chapter book, took a little nap and talked to the airplane captain. The flight attendant said it was 3,438 miles from my home in Texas to Kailua Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii. This place is also called the Orchid Isle. My host mom's name is Susan, everyone calls her Auntie- me too! Auntie is very nice, she hugged me and said "aloha" when she first met me. People hug a lot here. I kind of like it.


Today I met Auntie's girl, Alex. She is fun. She hugged me too! She laughs a lot and said she will be traveling to Kentucky soon to live with Auntie's granddaughter, Miss Harper, who is almost four! She says she can't wait to see the Bluegrass State and all the horses that live there. I am feeling tired after the long ride, but we had a great time making a lei together. Mine is so pretty and it smells good too. I feel special wearing my flower lei. Aloha diary. 

  
Alex is showing Willow how to make lei. Lei Day was May 1. All the kids at school celebrate, make lei and dance around a May pole on Lei Day. What fun!


Alex is excited to have a playmate for a few days. Its always more fun when we have a friend around!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a good time! I hope to visit Hawaii in the next few years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hawaii in May must be beautiful! Enjoy your stay Willow!
    Fawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy Willow's travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lucky little girl to go to Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete