Sunday, May 17, 2015

*International Collectors* First Communion Girl/Doll Dresses (Canada)

I thought I’d share some photos of my living dolls with you! My eldest daughter just had her First Communion this past weekend and she wanted to celebrate it with her doll, Adelaide. 


So, we purchased a My Life As doll bridal gown ($10) and paired it with some Our Generation tights and shoes we already had to make a little Communion outfit for her doll! 
 
Here Brooke is on her special day with her doll. 

Her sister, Avery, also decided to take her doll to the ceremony with us. Her Newberry doll, Emma, is wearing a cream-coloured, rose-detailed American Princess dress that matches Avery’s own dress. We bought this matching dress set at Winner’s two years ago. Avery decided Emma would wear roller skates to church (an odd but fun choice!)—and the skates are from My Life As. 

I’ve also included a photo of Adelaide in her dress. While the dress made an ideal little Communion outfit, it is easily the most plain of all of My Life As doll outfits we’ve purchased to date. Most My Life As outfits come with a few items—either multiple clothing pieces or a little accessory (headband, shoes, bracelets, sunglasses, etc.). All that came with this set was the dress (plain white with a a tulle skirt overlay and simple tulle rosette at the waist) and a tulle veil. Given that this outfit is meant to be a bridal gown, you would think it would come with some shoes, a piece of jewelry or, at the very least, a little bouquet! Had the dress been more imaginative or detailed (some pearly buttons or lace at the collar, some ribbons or rosettes on the veil or even a slight train to the skirt), then I think I could overlook the absence of any accessories. Ah well! My daughter was thrilled with the outfit and was excited that they would look like ‘twins’ on her First Communion Day. 

The dress fit perfectly and was easy to do up (with velcro closure) and the veil stayed on quite well (elastic band). 
-Robin

2 comments:

  1. The girls and their dolls are adorable!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Linda! The girls were so excited to see themselves on this page. :)

    Thank you, Rhonda, for sharing the pics!

    ReplyDelete